25 May 2015

The Memory of You

I can feel your gentle caress
And your warm breath on my shoulder.
I can still hear your soft whispers
And the sound of your laughter.
I can see your loving smile
And that glimmer of joy in your eyes.
I still reach beside me to hold you
Only to find that you're not there.
Only to find that you're there... but gone.
I still feel your lips on mine
And the comfort of your encircling arms.
I still hear the words you speak
And the quiet as we lie together.
I still see your arm around my waist
And the way the light strikes your hair.
I still move to make room for you
Only to find that you're not there.
Only to find that you're there... but gone.
I still hear the sadness in your voice
As we part yet another time,
And I still feel the shivers
That your memory causes
Whenever I think of you.
I still wait for you
Even when I know you'll not be home yet,
And I still look for you
Only to find that you're not there.
Only to find that you're there... but gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment